One of the most common errors that users have had to face with the installation of McAfee Antivirus installation has been the repeated occurrence of error 0. Before we venture into troubleshooting of the error, let us take a look at exactly what it is.
What is error 0?
The error 0 is among the most common McAfee Antivirus installation error which the users have to face most of the time. It is mostly caused by a corrupt download file or presumably by an incomplete file download. Other than the aforementioned reason, any corruption within the system files of Windows can also lead to the emergence of the error.
The system files can get corrupted from an existing malware or virus infection. These infections often tend to delete the installation files of McAfee Antivirus which leads to this McAfee Antivirus Installation error.
Symptoms of the error:
- Appearance of error 0 dialog box which crashes the programme
- Frequent cashing reports of Windows programmes, especially when the antivirus is active
- A dialog box which displays “McAfee Backup Filter Error 0” in the “Error Name” section
- Repeated freezing or stalling of your system during active hours
Troubleshooting the error
The steps to resolving the McAfee Antivirus Installation error are as follows:
- Detection of malicious activities in the computer using a deep rooted computer scan
- Defragmentation of the PC directories
- Cleaning of the temporary files, folders, junk files and system cache junk with Disk-Clean-up
- Restoring the system to a previous state where it was working fine
- Complete uninstallation and re-installation of McAfee Antivirus to eliminate the issue
- Formatting the PC with an updated and supported version of Windows such that the drivers are updated. Following this the antivirus needs to be reinstalled
Using the aforementioned steps to recover from the repeated errors, any person can successfully install their McAfee antivirus without any issue.